This Product Guide gives information about board layout, component installation, BIOS Setup menus, and regulatory requirements for Intel ® Desktop Board D865GBF/D865GLC.
The Product Guide is intended for technically qualified personnel. It is not intended for general audiences.
The chapters in this Product Guide are arranged as follows:
• 1 Desktop Board Features : a summary of product features.
• 2 Installing and Replacing Desktop Board Components : instruction on how to install the desktop board and other hardware components.
• 3 Updating the BIOS : instructions on how to update the BIOS.
• 4 Using the BIOS Setup Program : contents of the BIOS Setup menus and submenus.
• 5 Technical Reference : information about connectors and desktop board resources.
• A Error Messages and Indicators : information about BIOS error messages and beep codes.
• B Regulatory Compliance : safety and EMC regulations, product certification.
The following conventions are used in this manual:
Warnings indicate conditions that, if not observed, can cause personal injury.
Cautions warn the user about how to prevent damage to hardware or loss of data.
Notes call attention to important information.
Intel Desktop Boards D865GBF/D865GLC Product Guide.
The table below gives descriptions to some common terms used in the product guide.
Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Gigahertz (one billion hertz)
Kilobyte (1024 bytes)
Megabyte (1,048,576 bytes)
Megabit (1,048,576 bits)
Megahertz (one million hertz)
• Intel Desktop Board.
• One ATA66/100 IDE cable.
• One ATA33 IDE cable.
• One diskette drive cable.
• Quick Reference Guide.
• Configuration and battery caution statement label.